The main reasons for abolishing money

The fact that we assume we are not part of nature is due to the global economy being forced to grow. Growth can only come through consumption and so we are educated by the global economy to consume. The news tells us how great it is when consumption increases sharply before Christmas and how bad it is when too little is consumed because of the lockdown. So consumption has become the focus of our life.

It would be nice if we voluntarily stopped consuming. But there are two fundamental difficulties. One problem is the power of the global economy. It is in the hands of only some people and most politicians, governments, newspapers and banks serve it. But the real problem is that the market economy is like a living organism, aiming only to grow. If a law for climate protection is passed, then the market economy is guaranteed to find another loophole.

The second problem is people. Most people are doing relatively well at the moment and many have the hope that it will get better and better. That’s why they’re not interested in changing anything. I compare it to voters who vote for green parties. That’s about 25%. These are the ones who would voluntarily abstain from consuming. Unfortunately, the remaining 75% are not interested in this. The same problem exists with the representatives of Degrowth and Doughnut economics. Everyone trusts that the majority of people will change. But that takes way too long, if it should work at all.

The idea of the Soft System Reset takes a different way. There is only one solution to stop the growth of the market economy. The market consists of goods and money. If you take one of these away, the market can be tamed. Goods cannot be taken away, but money can. The advantage is that we don’t have to change to do this. There just has to be a global currency devaluation. At first it will not change our lives noticeably. But if we no longer pay each other but give each other gifts, greed will disappear and then we will move to a society that does not place consumption but our mother earth at the center of life. You can achieve monetary devaluation if you make it clear to everyone that all debts will disappear with it. This decision is probably much easier for many people than the decision to stop consuming. The wonderful thing is that it doesn’t harm anyone because you don’t need any more money later. And the property doesn’t have to be touched.

Humanity is ready for a society without money. We are on the threshold of the 3rd millennium, we are flying to Mars and are in a position to adequately supply all people on earth. We only need a “voucher” or a means of payment if there is not enough for everyone. In addition, during the Corona crisis we proved that we can be very disciplined and solidarity. 

The main website

This is my private web page